Call Of The Wild has been professionally guiding canoe trips in Algonquin Park since 1993.
We are one of the oldest continuously running canoe tripping companies in Ontario, and also one of an elite few that own a Lodge in the Algonquin Park area. We have experienced canoe guides, modern light weight camping equipment, and carry full commercial liability insurance.
Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario
Algonquin Park is a world famous wilderness park just north of Toronto, Ontario. It is known as one of the best provincial parks in Canada to go for a canoe camping trip. With thousands of kilometres of canoe routes and hundreds of campsites, the best way to explore Algonquin Park is on a wilderness canoe trip.
Algonquin National Park is 7,653 km² in area. This is equivalent to 1/4 the size of Hawaii or Belgium. Within its’ borders there are roughly 3,000 moose, 2,000 black bears, and 40 packs of wolves. There are also thousands of beaver, deer, otters, fishers, and many other small animals. And one of the best ways to spot them is on a canoe trip. From a canoe you can paddle quite close to grazing moose, in their natural environment, and get some great photos.
Canoe and Camping Trips in Algonquin Park
During the summer we offer a variety of canoe trips in Algonquin Provincial Park. Our Algonquin Park canoe trips last from 3-5 days and are suitable for all levels of experience and fitness. We provide all the equipment, meals, canoe guides, and permits. We can even provide transportation from Toronto. We also offer “The Algonquin Explorer” which combines a 3 night stay at the award winning Algonquin Eco-Lodge with a 3 or 4 day canoe trip.
- 3 day Algonquin Park Canoe Trip – a great introduction to wilderness camping and canoeing.
- 4 day Algonquin Canoe Trip – for people who want a bit more adventure, and to see more of Algonquin Provincial Park.
- Algonquin Explorer – a 6 or 7 day long wilderness lodge and canoeing trip perfect for family adventures.
Snowmobile Tours in Ontario
Snowmobiling is a huge sport in the winter. Ontario has more groomed snowmobile trails than paved highways! More than 25,000 km of smooth trails through spectacular scenery. Travelling by snowmobile you can see remote areas of the province, cross frozen lakes, and spot wildlife along the way. We have a couple of snowmobile trips in Ontario to choose from.
- 3 Day Haliburton Highlands & Algonquin Park Snowmobile Safari – a nice loop snowmobile trip for beginners. We stay at some gorgeous lodges and resorts along the way. This is an award winning trip, as selected by the Canadian Tourism Commission!
- 5 Day RAP Ride – Round Algonquin Park. This trip takes us on an 850 km loop around Algonquin Park. It features lots of twisty trails, and fast straightaways!
Dog Sledding Trips
Winter adventures in Canada usually bring to mind dog sleds! What better way to enjoy our winter than by trying an exciting “bucket list” item like dog sledging? We have single day dog sled trips, as well as a 3 day multi-adventure trip where you can try a variety of guided winter sports.
- Canadian Experience – an award winning multi-adventure trip that includes dog sledding, cross country skiing, and snowshoeing. All while staying at a cozy wilderness ecolodge in Algonquin Park.
- Dog Sledding Day Trips – Imagine mushing your own dogsled team of 4 magnificent huskie sled dogs! Our kennels are located conveniently in Maynooth, so you can go dogssledding only 3 hours from either Toronto or Ottawa.
No matter what season you choose to explore Algonquin Park, we have an adventure that will leave you with lifetime memories!