Winter - 2009
- Part Time - Fridays till Sundays -
This job is suited to an individual who can work independently, has a
good work ethic, likes people, and loves nature. As you will be guiding a group
of inexperienced tourists who are trying activities for the first time you must
be very adaptable and calm minded. You will get some good experience working in
a small team.
- Teaching tourists how to dogsled, cross country ski, and
- Ensure that the tourists are safe and warm at all times.
- Answer questions about the history of Algonquin Park, the Lodge, and
about the various sports/activities you are guiding.
- Drive tourist from Toronto up to Algonquin Park.
- Make sandwiches on Thursday night for up to 10 people.
- Helping to clean all dishes.
- Help with Lodge chores (keeping firewood stacked, draining hot tub,
sweeping floors, etc).
These are the ideal qualities we are looking for, but if you can meet
most of them we can provide some "on the job" training for anything you don't
- You must be friendly and "in a good mood" all the time.
- Basic First Aid & CPR.
- Experienced cross country skier and snowshoer.
- Dogsled experience is beneficial but not required. We will train you
in this activity. You will not be immediately responsible for the dogs (we have
people for that) but you will be responsible for the tourists during the
- You must be highly adaptable and be able to "think on your
- You must make a commitment to work for December 28 until March 30,
- You must have a valid Class F drivers license as you will be driving
tourists from Toronto to Algonquin Park and back..
- We are on a private lake, surrounded by forests, so there are a lot
wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Go dogsledding, skiing and snowshoeing every weekend!
- Animals in our immediate area include beavers, wolves, hawks,
chipmunks, deer, moose, and many small species of birds.
- Nice lake and ski trail system for cross country skiing, skating, or
snowshoeing during the day.
- Spend winter in the Canadian wilderness!
- Meet people from all over the world.
- Your meals and accommodations are included.
This job will be every weekend, from Friday till Sunday. It starts over
the New Year's weekend and will run until mid/late March. Depending on your
skill set and aptitude you may also want to work as a canoe guide, or at the
Eco-Lodge during the summer months.
If this describes you, and you would like a job in the outdoor adventure
industry, then send us your resume via one of the methods below.
Mail: 23 Edward St., Markham, ON, L3P 2N9