Canoe/Hike Guides Wanted to work July - October
We are looking to fill two canoe/hike guide positions for 3 and 4 day
trips in Algonquin Park. Work schedules may be erratic and difficult to predict
as they are based on bookings. All guides are members of a growing company and
their primary responsibility is to deal with guests, co-workers and suppliers
in a manner which sets the high water mark for hospitality, safety and
- Safely lead Call Of The Wild canoe/hike trips through interior lakes
of Algonquin Park.
- Acts as a representative of Call Of The Wild, maintaining a good
sense of humour and performing in a positive, professional manner, with a
cooperative attitude in all interactions with guests and co-workers.
- Is able to respond to routine guest requests in a polite, helpful
- Is able to engage guests in friendly conversation and some form of
entertainment such as cards, storytelling, etc.
- Leads hikes and/or canoe routes to enrich the guests'
- Learns and is willing to present short interpretive talks to guests.
Note: These are typically 5-20 minute talks on topics such as geology,
pictographs, wolves, night sky, etc.
- Learns and is able to cook all the meals on the Call Of The Wild
menu. Does all associated food organization, dish washing and clean up.
- Sets up tents, tarps, and other camp items.
- Packs equipment, unpacks, cleans and puts away all trip gear after
- Reads and adheres to policies and procedures outlined in the Call Of
The Wild guide manual.
- Completes and turns in incident and accident reports when necessary
immediately following the incident or accident.
- Helps market other Call Of The Wild trips by accurately answering
guest questions and to generally direct them to other Call Of the Wild
experiences they might enjoy.
- Informs management of food and equipment re-supply needs.
- Communicates well with co-workers, owners, managers and behaves in a
professional manner at all times.
- Must be clean & presentable at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Guides must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have current Wilderness First Aid and CPR certification.
- Guides must have a valid class G drivers license. Guide must be able
to drive passengers from/to Toronto.
- Guides must have ORCA 2 (Trip Leader) flat water, tripping or white
- Must have professional attitude and be willing to learn and accept
new ideas. Initiative is highly valued.
- Must be able to work long hours during rush periods and not be
subject to burnout and moodiness. Must work well under pressure and be a team
- Guides must have their own PFD, whistle, dry bag, tent, paddle,
thermarest, and sleeping bag.
It is expected that it will take 1-3 training trips before a new hire is
able to satisfactorily perform the above tasks and move into a fully paid
We may offer an ORCA 2 - Trip Leader course in
If this describes you, and you would like a job in the outdoor adventure
industry, then send us your resume via one of the methods below.
Mail: 23 Edward St., Markham, ON, L3P 2N9